Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A Grandiloquent Harangue in Regards of Chauvinism in America's Economy...

First off, I'd like to apologize for the lengthy title... I found it fit.

How many of us [Americans] actually realize how pejorative of a people we are? We disdain all others; races, countries, RELIGIONS (this is a topic that perturbs my thought daily... religions [and the rejection/acceptance of them] have proved to be [in some circumstances] quite pernicious... only resulting in calamity and division between the nations), etc. True, most other non-democratic nations are cretinous in a comparative of government... But that gives us no right to gloat! Businessmen, although superior in Corporate America, are no better than any other person, yet seem to have the mindset that they are. Does the "Director of Corporate Real Estate" for a major corporation do any more (if not less) work than say a car mechanic? No. So why does society reward him with greater accolade than the mechanic?

I don't know...Our country is filled with (and GOVERNED by) the ignoramus.

Although grateful to live in such a well established society, I often times find myself feeling sordid to be part of such a condescending society (for I cannot [nor do I wish to] physical emancipate myself from our society... but that won't alter nor allay my indecision to conform to the stereotypes that infatuate our society on a daily basis).
So, if anyone has a thought on this topic (or would like to criticize me), feel free to comment.

Osalamamolega my brotha's and sista's!
-Tyler-

6 Comments:

Blogger randomness said...

Well...I've only made one trip to the States (though I plan to visit more, if not for the depletion of my limited cash supply!) but from my experience, Americans are one of the friendliest bunch of people I've ever met. Generally speaking (and yes, I do stereotype), even though they don't know much about my country, they do enquire about it. I don't deem that as ignorant. Trust me, I've seen way worst!!

BTW...can I link you?

7:57 AM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Yeah, there are some friendly peeps here... I was just in a demoralizing mood when I wrote this.. haha

Yeah, for sure you can link me :)

6:47 PM  
Blogger edwardfisher7612 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

4:11 AM  
Blogger the great white hype said...

and now for a thoughtful comment from your national news team.

i hate to dog on the media but they are totally part of the problem. they set apart those with wealth and fame and talk about them all the time while the common man gets mention on only a few occasions: if something bad happens to him, to his neighbor or to get his take on what happened in corporate america today.
that's all we're good for to them. something to "legitimize" their newsgiving.
also, our culture of greed and gluttony has fueled a world in which we regard those who are the greediest as good and those who are not- such as hippies- as bad and destabilizing to our society.
this culture is also what will hold us back from advancing with the rest of the world. as long as the government is for the interests of the wealthy we will never see clean energy, fair taxation or a proper defense of our country and its values abroad. what we have been involved with since the end of WWII is a vicious cycle of activism in the wrong ways. even before that we had the leanings toward this with the banana republics and the monroe doctrine.
third, religion and the belief that god himself has blessed our way of life is killing us slowly. it produces in-fighting based on nothing more than moral snobbery. i believe that it's not our place to judge a person's morality. that's the job of the god you believe in. and it's not like you are living in jesus' image if you are condemning people. he didn't condemn anyone past the religious establishment of the church. the real men and women he showed greatest compassion to. but now we have this corrupted and twisted faith of people like james dobson. if you honestly believe that you can speak for god by interpreting his word you're a fool. only he himself can truly know the meaning of the bible. also, i find it ironic that we can interpret the bible any way we want but the constitution we can't touch because it is spot-on perfect.
we are quite possibly the most arrogant, foolish and oppressive nation on earth.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Thank you Jeremy. My point exactly.

Hey... I haven't been on this forever.. or talked to you in forever.... how are you doing?

5:16 PM  
Blogger the great white hype said...

life is great!
really really is. i took about three months completely off of this while i settled in up here. and i'm getting a motorcycle. it's a pretty little thing.
how is your life going? any more tours lately?

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home